Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years Resolutions...

It seems like only last week we were looking forward to Thanksgiving and here we are a few days away from New Years. What the crap happened? Sitting back and thinking over this past year it has been a series of poor performances, missed workouts and frustratingly slow runs. I'm not all doom and gloom, there have been a lot of runs that were thoroughly enjoyed. Also, while any given run may be frustrating in a training sense, my time spent on the trail has not been wasted and has kept me sane to a great extent. With that being said I have seen my average run paces fall back and I've gained some weight around the midsection as I've taken time to enjoy my first year of marriage and a new supervisor job at UPS. Hopefully the New Year will contain a very fulfilled year full of miles on the trail. Below are mt New Years resolutions. Here's to a successful year friends.

1. Run 1000 miles in 2014
2. Reset my PR in every major race distance. 1m, 5k, 5m, 10k, 13.1, 26.2, and 50m
3. Qualify for, enter and finish Grindstone 100m
4. Lose the undisclosed poundage around my midsection
5. Set personal FKTs for AT through SNP and AT from US 311 to US 220

Run on!
Will W

No comments:

Post a Comment