Saturday, March 1, 2014

First Father & Son 5k

This morning I'm get to run along with my oldest son, Jacob as he attempts his first 5k. I feel nervous and excited. For his first race we decided together on the Explore Your Limits 5k at Virginia's Explore Park. I ran the 10k a few years back and I really enjoyed it then. The course is beautiful and its put on by Mountain Junkies LLC, who always put on a great race.
I'm super excited to run with Jake and to get to watch him as he gets to experience trail running and being a part of the running community for the first time. Im nervous, cause I want him to have a great first race. I want him to fall in love with it like I have. I also want him to love it organically,  on his own and not because he ever feels pressure from me.
Regardless of the outcome, I get to spend a morning on the trail with my son. I cant wait!
Keep Running,
Will W

No comments:

Post a Comment